Monday, February 20, 2012

Task Progression for K

Fridays class was spent brainstorming some ideas about out next Teaching Lab. For this Lab we will be working in groups to develop a learning experience for student in kindergarten, 8th grade and 10th grade. I'm a bit nervous about this as I'm responsible for kindergarten age students and I don't feel that I have enough experience with this age group to develop an appropriate lesson plan. On the other hand I think the experience will be beneficial for my professional development and will aid in my flexibility as PE Teacher. My groups activity is Omnikin. This seems like a really fun activity however I'm not sure how to create a developmentally appropriate lesson for kindergarten children. Any input would be great appreciated. I know that I will have to use smaller balls However, I'm not sure how I can teach the aspects or skills of this game to this age level. I do know that I need to establish a goal for the lesson and construct a lesson plan and various task extensions that will aid in accomplishing the goal. For this Lab my group will have to create a technology aid to supplement the teaching. This should be a good experience as well, as technology is being assimilated in PE classes. Well it looks like I have my work cut out for me. Hoping to make some head room by Wednesday so I can get some much needed feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment