Sunday, March 25, 2012

Technology in PE


Friday’s class we talked about our final teaching lab for this class. This teaching lab has a yet a few more components that we need to incorporate. On top of the lesson plan, and task progression and bulletin board we need to design a task assessment form which should be adapted from the New York State Physical Education Profile. Although I’m not sure how I’m going to go about this as of yet I appreciate the importance/significance of utilizing resources.  This is a skill that is necessary of great teachers. As a teacher you become a tool for learning for thousands of students and it is your responsibility to give your students new, current and pertinent information. By being able to modify and incorporate up-and-coming ideas and concepts you’re providing your students the real opportunities to develop. I think that this is going to be a good experience for me as I’m not as computer/technologically savvy as I’d like to think  I am. On that note, this final teaching lab has a focus based on technology in the classroom (PE class).  Although I don’t think I need to say this, it is evident that technology is the movement that’s driving our lives. Therefore it’s even more important than ever that we provide students with relevant uses of technology that will enhance their learning experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment